Tips to find the Best Caricature Artist
With the emerging trend of freelancers, discovering a professional to meet your personalized expectations is quite a task.
The struggle becomes real when you are looking for a professional caricature artist. So if you happen to be in the same boat, find yourself a place to settle while we share insights to assist you in finding the one.
Before we spill the beans, you’ll need to ensure that you want to hire a caricature artist and not a portrait artist.
So, who is a caricature artist and what is the difference ?
There is a fine line of distinction between these terms, and that changes the entire plot of the story. A portrait is more of an absolute drawing or painting of an individual, especially to the shoulders (from head to shoulders), while caricaturing is an exaggerated pictorial representation of the whole individual with a comic effect. The actual illustration of one’s feature is the skill of a portrait artist, whereas, depicting distinguishing features in a distorted or exaggerated manner is the impression of a caricature artist.
Not just that, caricature artists are indeed a crowd puller for their stand out creativity. Witnessing a dramatic transformation of your individualistic features is pretty intriguing and great entertainment, not just for you, but for all. Going with the trend, it now comes in the list of unique gifts for your loved ones.
So if you are planning to have a family gathering, caricature artists can add up to the entertainment at the party. Now let’s discuss the tips to find the best caricature artist:
- Know your requirements and the number of caricature artists you need for your event. It is important to understand your requirements so that you can communicate the same to the artist that you are hiring.
- Unless you share your ideas and thoughts with the potential artist, you won’t be able to find the best deal for you. An artist needs to understand the desires and expectations of his client to deliver his best services.
- In case your gathering is comparatively large, then you can hire two artists as well.
- Once you have found someone who provides the services you are looking for your event. Ask for the catalog and previous work from the artist. Go through his work thoroughly, ask his charges for per sitting, and the additional arrangements you need to make for him in the event location. Caricature professionals can charge from 2,000 per hour to 35,000 per event.
- Explain to him your demands and expectations you have from him and his work. He might also have a set of queries after knowing our expectations; make sure you address them well.
- Always remember, a caricature is an artistic profession ruled by creativity. A catalog of published work as samples and considerable work experience in the industry will help you narrow down on a professional caricature artist.